Friday, January 28, 2011

Day Six of "Accountability Journal"...Cindy Fox Fitness

Thursday, January 27th

Like most other people in New Jersey, I woke up to the "school's closed" voicemail and sound of shoveling. Luckily, I didn't have to work at the hospital because I would've been out there shoveling already too. Aside from training a few clients, which got cancelled, I was supposed to teach a spin class at VIP Fitness at noon, but that was also cancelled. Luckily, the gym where I first weighed-in at was open so I was able to go weigh myself and get in my workout
for the day. Needless to say, I was very disappointed to see the scale still at 137 after all of this cardio I've been doing.
I need to say this so no one misinterprets what my objective is here. People get so caught up on the number on the scale (myself included, sometimes). The fact is, if you recently started working out with weights and doing cardiovascular activity, you're body fat % should go done, unless you're eating more calories to compensate for the calories you're burning off. If you want to see a "change" then you need to do something differently. I was running a lot during the summer and doing less weight training and weighed 135. In the fall, my running cut back and my weight training increased and I was up to 138, all with the same amount of food intake. So my plan here is to increase my cardio without making a big change in my eating, but to be cautious of how much I'm eating. I know my body fat % can be lower and I'd feel better. When that happens, I will weigh less on the scale as well because I'm not increasing my weight training. I'd like to see what 132 lbs. looks like again. It's been about 15 years since I've seen it (after doing a fitness contest at 29 yrs. old).

Food & Workouts:

-7am 2 cups of coffee
*9:30 shoveled for 1/2 hour
-10am a Luna Bar

* weighed-in 137 lbs.....did 20 mins. of Elliptical level 7

-2pm spinach salad w/ tomatoes, 1 slice of soy cheese, and balsamic dressing
-2:45 a Full Bar

*4pm went back to Retro Fitness with Robert (Naked Cowboy) for more cardio:
---35 mins. of Elliptical level 6-8 (forward and reverse)
---15 mins. Lifestyle Stair climber level 1 (wow, that's hard! I never tried that one before)

-5:30 Protein Shake with EAS Soy protein powder, 1/2 water/1/2 soy milk, flax seeds

-7pm 1 & 1/2 glasses of red wine
(had a few mouthfuls of angel hair pasta I cooked for the kids)
-8pm baked veggies (I spray the pan with Pam cooking spray, cut up cauliflower, spaghetti squash, and sliced mushrooms; then sprayed the top with Pam and sprinkled fresh garlic, salt & pepper....yummy!)
-9pm Baked Tostitos with salsa
*10:30pm BED

****I do take daily vitamins: C, Calcium, Probiotics, B12, D, Lutein (for eyes), and sometimes Iron (slightly anemic). I used to take Chromium Picolinate daily but ran out and keep forgetting to buy more.



No comments: