Wednesday, November 3, 2010

From Fitness Diva to Naked Cowgirl

After 6 years of being the significant other of the Naked Cowboy of Times Square and having people ask me if I am the "Naked Cowgirl", or why I'm not the Naked Cowgirl, I finally decided to give in and take on the role. It never seemed like the right thing to do at the time, and now it seems like the position has been just waiting for me to jump into it! Yes, there's been a few Naked Cowgirls coming out to Times Square on and off over the last few years, but there hasn't been one who can come close to having the same standards as the Naked Cowboy...until now, that is.
"There's a time and place for everything"...so they say, and I do believe that. In February of 2005 I went to Mardi Gras with Robert (Naked Cowboy) and wore jeans, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat as I walked along Bourbon Street with him. That's when the questions started. "If you're the Cowgirl, why aren't you dressed like him"? Let me first explain that I didn't even realize he was famous outside the New York area until that trip, nevermind parading in my underwear.
Shortly after that, I went with him to A Motivational Convention in Chicago, where he was hired by New York City and Company, a NYC tourist organization, to draw in people and take photos with them. I got a little more daring and brought a mini-skirt and halter top, to wear with the boots and hat. I was able to walk around this absolutely huge convention center for three days dropping my business cards and networking with people from all over the world. That's when I started my book of contacts, from which I send fitness postcards to once a year.
There were many more events and trips since then that I dressed up as a Cowgirl to accompany him. Many times the guys would feel more comfortable taking photos of me than with a guy in his underwear. It still always came back to the same question..."Why aren't you in your underwear"? I guess there were three big reasons why I didn't imitate him...I couldn't play the guitar, my kids would've flipped out if I was outside wearing my underwear, and I also didn't feel comfortable enough in my own skin at that time. I was constantly trying to get thinner. Robert's standards were so high that there was no way either of us thought I looked good enough to pull it off at that time.
I've since learned a lot about promoting myself, my videos, my website and everything fitness-related I'm involved in. One thing I've realized is that no matter how good you are at something, you still usually need either a lot of money or some really good connections to make it to the top. It's hard to put the time into your creative endevours when you need to work a lot to support your family.
With all the publicity this summer pertaining to the lawsuit of Naked Cowboy vs. Sandy Kane, one of the Naked Cowgirls, for trademardk infringement, I decided "now is the time". I decided to sign a licensing agreement with Naked Cowboy Enterprises to become the first "Officially Licensed Naked Cowgirl" in Times Square. I became vegetarian 2 years ago and have become leaner, plus I have learned to play a few cords on the guitar. As for my children, they are older and I think will eventually understand why I've made this decision.I work out hard, am totally dedicated to what I put my mind to, and realize I need to do something extreme now to get noticed before it's too late. I am the closest thing there is to being the female version of the Naked Cowboy. So there you have it...I am the NAKED COWGIRL! E-mail me at info@cindyfoxfitness.com to see when I will be in Times Square so you can get your photo with me and "tag" it on Facebook.

4 comments:

Nancy Rawlinson said...

Good for you, Cindy! Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

Please move me if this is not the right area for my post. You can call me Salida. I am a --- make money online ---
see people can [url=http://masscashcoverupreviews.com]Mass Cash Coverup Bonus[/url] . I'll be reading more at cindyfoxfitness.blogspot.com [img]http://masscashcoverupreviews.com/mass-cash-coverup-review.gif[/img]

Anonymous said...

Please move me if this is not the right area for my post. Folks, you can call me Andy. My interests involves --- health and fitness --- this is really interesting [url=http://menopausecures2009.blog.friendster.com/2010/10/natural-menopause-symptoms-home-remedies-cures/]natural menopause symptoms cure[/url].I'm going to researching more about this website cindyfoxfitness.blogspot.com [img]http://menopause-cures.com/menopause-home-remedies.gif[/img]
http://naturalmenopausecures2009.onsugar.com/

NYCGAL said...

I moved back to CT after living in NYC for 26 years and had never taken a pic w/the Naked Cowboy. Before I left I did a run of what I called, the "touristy" things and got a shot w/him. I can't wait to come back this spring and hope you are there b/c I really want a pic w/you. I think it's awesome that you are doing this :)